A Year of Dresses: The Daydreamer Dress


The countdown is on, only three more weeks of a year of dresses after today!  This week I decided to go back to a favorite pattern and fell in love with it all over again.  Amazingly, though I have made three Daydreamer Dresses before this one, Sweet Pea has never had one in her own closet.  And let me tell  you, I can see this being worn all spring and summer, any day, everyday, for any reason, or no reason at all.


The Daydreamer Dress pattern includes 7 sizes from 2T through 9/10.  It is a beginner level sewing patter, though you'll want to keep making it even when you've reached the advanced sewing level!  If you've made a Easy Peasy Peasant or Potato Chip Skirt, you are ready to sew the Daydreamer Dress.  The elastic neck casing means there are no button closures required for this dress.  If you can gather, you can make this dress.  The bodice is unlined making it cool and comfortable for summer, but Jen's creative design still allows for an enclosed waist seam on the front of the dress for a perfectly polished inside.

The Daydreamer dress sews up quickly.  If you're still looking for an Easter dress, the Daydreamer has you covered!  For an even quicker finished product I used the optional rolled hem finish on both the neck and hem ruffles.  With no shoulder seams, no lining, no buttons and no plackets, you can quickly turn this one out and have a showstopping dress!

Wear it to church, wear it to play, wear it to parties, wear it every day.... With that I leave you with Sweet Pea's bubble blowing daydreams.







Here's your quick Daydreamer Dress Pattern rundown:


  • Sizes 2 - 9/10
  • Beginner/advanced beginner sewing level
  • No closure necessary
  • Quick sewing pattern

Comments

beth said…
I love this pattern and the dress on your little one, too. I have used it several times. Once I used it for a school program in shades of purple paired with green leggings for my daughter's flower costume. So many compliments!
I love this dress! Your little one is darling.
Sara said…
Pretty fabric choices! My girly girl would love the ruffles and twirl on that dress.